Diamond Valley Pork
QAF Meats is the largest producer of pigs and pork meat in Australia. In order to enhance its marketing and distribution capabilities, QAF Meats, through a joint-venture subsidiary Diamond Valley Pork Pty Ltd has opened a new abattoir in Laverton, Melbourne.
Project Design Brief
The company works within the guidelines of the Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service (‘AQIS’) approved Meat Safety and Quality Assurance Standard.
- ACO Drain is an AQIS approved product and therefore meets the required standards of hygiene as for typical equipment for edible product areas.
- The KlassikDrain (100mm wide) trench system with composite grates was installed in the application.
- KlassikDrain K100 channels, made from corrosion resistant polymer concrete with integrally cast stainless edge rails, were configured to produce sloped runs.
- This ensures that runoff liquid could be transferred quickly and safely to the secondary stage of drainage.
- The durable resin composite grates are ideal for the application having small apertures to inhibit bulky solids from being washed into the trench.
- The captured solids are later removed with a ‘dry sweep