Nadi International Airport, Fiji
Nadi International Airport on the island of Fiji was recently upgraded to enhance travellers’ experience and create more retail outlets to enhance revenue within the airport. The airport upgrade was a joint venture between Suva based Pacific Building Solutions (PBS) and the New Zealand construction firm, Hawkins.
Project Design Brief
With high levels of foot traffic, part of the scope of improvements was to upgrade access to the arrival and departure entranceways. The upgrade required paved areas to be safe for users and with modern aesthetics that complement the new upgrade of the terminal.
The depth restrictions on site meant designers required a compact drainage solution.
- SlabDrain H200K with 5 Star Heelsafe® Anti-Slip grates
- The grates provide the highest wet pendulum slip resistance rating of P5 (AS 4586)
- With a 6mm slot opening, the grates resist heel penetration and are wheelchair and walking cane compliant to AS 3996 and AS 1428
- The grates unique wedgewire profile met the designers aesthetic requirements
- The shallow SlabDrain channel system was easy to integrate within the screed layer of the concrete slab