Olympic Park Community Facilities, Melbourne, Victoria
Olympic Park, home of the 1956 Melbourne Olympics has enjoyed a strong connection to Australians. Within the precinct, the Melbourne Sports and Entertainment Centre (Westpac Centre), originally built as the Aquatic Centre for the Games is now joined to a newly constructed split-level sports, events and training complex containing its own MCG sized sports oval.
Project Design Brief
Designers considered Melbourne’s sub-tropical climate by specifying a trench drain along the pavements edges. This was to ensure that, on long drizzling wet days, stormwater runoff would not enter the running track area and playing field. Both the client and designers required a quality pedestrian friendly drainage solution.
- KlassikDrain KS100 with Stainless 5 Star Heelsafe Anti-Slip grates
- Based on the site-specific catchment hydraulics, ACO’s Technical Services Department provided designers with hydraulic data to confirm the grates could capture the runoff without bypass.
- The 0.5% built-in slope in the KS100 system allowed the new pavement to be constructed as flat as possible and still provide efficient flow in the drainage run to the outlet
- Stainless 5 Star Heelsafe Anti-Slip grates and the integrally cast stainless steel rail, provides an aesthetic finish
- Stainless 5 Star Heelsafe Anti-Slip grates provides slip resistance to AS 4586