Midland Railway Square, WA
Railway Square is a new civic place linking the historic 20th Century Industrial Railway Workshop buildings with a new urban village. The area is a mix of old and new; residential and commercial buildings and open public spaces.
Project Design Brief
- To provide a drainage system capable of collecting all the surface water runoff from a flat pavement
- Provide a grate design which is aesthetically compatible with the historic industrial theme of the site
- Sloped channels with 0.5% built-in fall allows for efficient drainage on flat pavements
- Cast steel edge rails provides a visual restraining edge for the pavers
- The grate design is in keeping with the industrial theme of the area