Waterfront Development, Burnie, TAS
The city of Burnie located on the north coast of Tasmania is an industrial town known for its heavy manufacturing and forestry industry. Burnie Port is also Tasmania’s largest general cargo port. Recently the ‘Local Government Awards for Excellence’ recognised the Burnie City Council for its Waterfront Development project.
Project Design Brief
The Waterfront Development project comprised several aspects but central to the overall project was the water feature play area, BBQ area, playground and lawned events area. Designers required a linear drainage system to ensure water run-off from the water feature play area would be contained. The drainage system also needed to cope with the salt water environment and be safe for pedestrians.
- KlassikDrain KS100 sloped system with Stainless 5 Star HeelsafeAnti-Slip grates
- ACO’s Technical Service Department provided designers with the intake capacity of the grate ensuring there would be no bypass of the run-off
- The KS100 channels have a built-in slope of 0.5% to ensure efficient flow to the outlet in flat pavements
- Grates and edge rails manufactured from corrosion resistant grade 304 stainless steel
- Stainless 5 Star HeelsafeAnti-Slip grates meet pedestrian safety standards and are slip rated to Class C, AS 4586 using Barefoot Inclining Platform Test