Plantation Road, Dakabin, QLD
Moreton Bay Regional Council recently completed construction on Plantation Road. The $16 million road connects the suburbs of North Lakes and Dakabin in one of Australia’s fastest growing areas. Plantation Road is a two-lane road and has the capacity to expand to four lanes. It also has bicycle and pedestrian pathways on both sides of the road. Due to the poor soil quality in the area, the road required some pavement areas to be 1.3m deep.
Project Design Brief
The designers were required to reduce unnecessary excavation due to the poor soil quality and considered using a linear drainage system. The drainage system needed to be heavy duty and easy to maintain for road maintenance crews.
- PowerDrain S300K with Iron Slotted grates
- ACO’s Technical Service Department provided designers with exact hydraulic performance data and advice on the optimal spacing for the stormwater pits
- ACO’s PowerDrain has a shallow construction depth compared to traditional inlet pits
- ACO’s PowerDrain system installed on the superelevated sections of the carriageway, reduced the number of stormwater pits and associated pipework
- The PowerLok boltless locking mechanism allows for easy and efficient access to the channel for maintenance crews
- Anti-shunt lugs ensure grates remain firmly in place and cannot be dislodged by excessive wheel movements and braking